By Jacob Trimmer
Inside The Pew
A Christian clothing line founded by a former NFL player ranks as the top read story on Inside The Pew for 2013.
Mark Clayton, who was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens in 2005, launched his own clothing line – My Christian T – back in 2011. Although Clayton confirmed with Inside The Pew on Twitter in 2012 that he no longer operates the clothing, there is still an interest in the wide receiver’s entrepreneurial aspirations.
Clayton was traded to the St. Louis Rams in 2010, but injuries signed the Oklahoma Sooner’s career in the NFL. He told Sean Devine of Did You See That?! in September he has no regrets about his NFL playing days.
“Every minute, every experience, every relationship, I’ll never forget any of it. I’m working hard to come back and I hope to continue my career. Hopefully we can add some more stories, relationships, and experiences to my legacy.”
Three other sports related stories made the top 10. The filming of a biopic on high school football coach Bob Ladouceur in New Orleans came in at No. 4, while stories about Super Bowl XLVII coaches (and brothers) Jim Harbaugh and John Harbaugh were ranked No. 7 and No. 8, respectively.
The story of Tyres Dixon, a Houston resident who works for the United Way and winner of the nonprofit organization’s Achiever of the Year, landed at No. 2 on the list.
Three stories from the Pew Business spotlight landed in the top 10. Whitening Lightning founder Jennifer Gerard (No. 3), National Association for the Exchange of Industrial Resources (NAEIR) president and CEO Gary C. Smith (No. 9), and Ezechiel “Zeke” Bambolo and First Born Son Inc. (No. 5) made the annual list.
Grelan Muse Sr., founder of Inside The Pew, was pleased at the amount of popularity generated by the spotlight. The section was officially launched in March.
“When we created the section, we wanted to help boost the presence of like-minded entrepreneurs who take Him in to the workplace every day. These types of stories are what our readers want to see. Hopefully, Christians who are considering entrepreneurship can draw from the stories of these individuals.”
List of top stories
- NFL wide receiver launcher clothing line to give glory to God
- Goodwill Industries names Houston man 2013 Achiever of the Year
- Gerard to fellow entrepreneurs: Trust Him, great things will occur
- Filming of Bob Ladouceur movie takes place in New Orleans
- The First Born Son Inc. helps restore individuals and families
- Stone: Five marks of a kingdom builder
- Side of 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh we don’t see everyday
- John Harbaugh slated keynote speaker at FCA Maryland event
- NAEIR redistributes corporations’ unsold products to nonprofits
- Fly Away Records snags Rhythm of Gospel Award nod